Most moms on this generation struggle to day in and day out to find that very elusive work-life balance. We work and we take care of the household both at the same time and most of us even have young kids that need a lot of our attention! Oh, motherhood could really get us crazy! Imagine having too little time in your hands and just sooo much to be done? Yeah, I found the word. It is nerve-wrecking!
There can never be enough hours in a day to finish chores in hand, especially for the modern women juggling double (or even triple!) roles. But food for the family is something that cannot be compromised. I have researched and tried to put together on this blog some lifesaving cooking hacks that might work for you and save you from totally going insane. 😀
- SHOP ONLINE. Everything is available at a click. I attest to how shopping for groceries online is such a life saver! You can do it from the comfort of your home which does not only save you time and effort, money as well!
- KEEP A GOOD STOCK. Buy a little in excess the items you often use, especially when your find them on sale. So anytime you feel like cooking your family’s favorite, you always have main ingredients in your cupboard or in the fridge.
- USE THE FREEZER. Your nice freezer actually has a good use other than stacking ice cream. 😀 Boil some veggies and freeze them, pan fry fish and chicken and freeze them. This makes putting together a meal much easier.
- PLAN MENU IN ADVANCE. Getting a little organized is really helpful. Make a weekly meal plan and try involving your kids and husband to make it a little more exciting. You then would also know what to buy in the grocery.
5. CHOP AND CHOP. Chop all veggies together and refrigerate them in zip-lock pouches. You will find life pretty easier as you can go ahead and get some chopped veggies every time you need them! Chopped vegetables means half your cooking job is done!
6. COOK BROWN ONIONS. Most dishes requires onions, right? Believe me, you can save 15 minutes of your daily cooking time by keeping a large batch of browned onions in the refrigerator and using it as and when needed.
7. PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE. Try doing all the preparations the night before for whatever you are cooking the next day. Saves you a lot of prep time.
8. KEEP RECIPES HANDY. If you are into using mobiles and tablets, bookmark your recipes and use them when the need arises. Grab all your favorite recipes and keep the printouts handy.
9. COOK ONCE, EAT TWICE. Whenever you’re cooking a basic staple like rice or pasta, make double what you need for the meal. This bulk-cooking saves a huge amount of time and doesn’t require you to set a weekend afternoon aside for cooking.
10. USE QUALITY KITCHEN APPLIANCES. When I became a mom, it’s the only time that I had special appreciation for kitchen appliances. Good quality appliances make kitchen tasks easier, right? When choosing the best appliances, the first thing we consider is if it is durable and budget-friendly.
So glad to be introduced to Tough Mama Home and Kitchen Appliances where I was really surprised to see how simply elegant their products look and how amazing they work too!
Tough Mama Home and Kitchen Appliances are not only made simple for us to use but also provide the best value for your hard earned money. Like us moms, their products are tough yet loving. This can also allow you more time with the family! All their products carry one year warranty.
My one cent in all of these – Do not beat yourself up if you can’t do everything all the same time. You are not a superwoman, and do not try to be one. Let things be messy or let the kids (and your husband) complain every once in a while. You are awesome the way you are. Stay tough, mama!