Time is such a luxury for a mom like me who tries so hard to balance work, household and my kids altogether. With the busy, demanding world we live in, it’s perceived that a lot of moms struggle to spend quality time with their kids.
My 2-year old daughter is very active and playful and it pains me to refuse to play with her when she asks me to because of work stuff I need to finish. Days pass by, with her growing and demanding more of me and my time, I realize that every minute of my day counts because something as short as 15 minutes can become a meaningful time well spent with my growing Amaria Niszha.
But really, sometimes all it takes is a little creativity to keep things fun and interesting in a short period of time. Here are 5 simple bonding tips that work for me and Ysha:
1. Be creative together. Allow your kids to express their ideas through art. Teach them to be resourcefulness by making use of old materials like piled-up newspapers or used gift wrappers. You might unlock the hidden artist in your child.
2. Play games. Introduce your kids to classic pastimes away from their phone or tablet screens. Ysha and I work on a picture puzzle together and she enjoys it! Gather the family for a quick round of Snakes and Ladders, Scrabble, Monopoly, or other board games. Simply building a fort with pillows and blankets can expand their imaginations!
3. Be one with music. Learn the latest dance moves or sing along to popular tunes. Have fun in making your own choreography. Our family loves to sing. My daughter even changes the lyrics to some popular nursery rhymes to whatever she wants to say. She gets my hand or her daddy Jaze’s and say, “Daddy, can you dance with the princess?” 😀
4. Have storytelling time. If your kid loves books, reading is such a great thing to bond over! Visit different worlds and meet new characters through the pages of a book. Take turns with your child mimicking voices and pretending to be heroes or villains off to save the world. This is probably top 1 on Ysha’s favorite bonding activity with me.
5. Do chores with them. Turn a chore into a fun activity by injecting it with a challenge. See who can put all the toys or laundry in the basket the fastest, or who can fold the most number of clothes on a time limit. This way they didn’t even notice they already helped you out. Less work for mommy!
There’s a lot we can do with them in 15 minutes! And while you’re having fun with your child, don’t forget to keep them protected. Our country’s changing weather may also leave children vulnerable to cough, colds, and fever. And when they do get sick, naku! You go about doing everything to get them well instead of bonding time and creating good memories sana.
To help moms recover the lost time and missed chance to spend time with their kids, Paracetamol (Calpol) offers fast and efficient fever relief. Its suspension formula starts to work on fever in 15 minutes (at 15m/kg dosing) and is gentle on your child’s tummy.
I am lucky that my daughter does not get sick often but when she does, Calpol agad! Because I don’t want to waste time worrying about her, how badly she feels and I too, seeing her all wrapped up in bed instead of enjoying the day.
Paracetamol (Calpol) invites moms to post on Facebook or Instagram how they make 15 minutes an unforgettable bonding experience with their kids. Nominate and tag another friend to do the challenge and pass on the love, warmth, (and tips!) during this cold and dreary season.
For more information about how to care for your child, check out the Paracetamol (Calpol) FB page at facebook.com/CalpolPH or visit calpol.com.ph.
Busy moms know the importance of precious moments spent with their children. And as parents, we also don’t want our kids to miss out on school or on the activities they love because of fever. Calpol starts to work on fever in 15 minutes to help kids recover and not miss out on fun. So let’s make every 15 minutes count!