We all have that favorite dress or blouse that we love to wear over and over again. Perhaps they’re very comfortable, they complement your body or skin tone, or you just love the color. For whatever reason it may be, we go by washing and wearing these special pieces of garments and over time, they fade and do not look that good anymore.
No one likes it when colors fade, or the fabric wears out, and hems come undone. That’s so sad, right? Especially for the pieces that bring back good memories or make us smile. To keep your clothes looking as good as new, here are some tips to preserve washable garments.
- Don’t leave garments near the window. Sunlight can fade the colors on your clothes just like it does drapes. Dyes are sensitive to prolonged sunlight or even to a light left on in a closet.
- We only got two seasons here in the Philippines. So basically, when it’s summer, we bring out the cool clothes and the bikinis, and keep the long sleeves or coats. Always clean your clothes before storing them for the season. Untreated food and beverage stains can attract insects! Also, never hang wet or damp clothes in your closet as this can attract mildew.
- When storing, never keep your clothes in plastic bags. It can trap in humidity that attracts mildew. Use breathable cotton sheets or bags.
- Wash in cold water because hot water wears out fabrics more quickly. Save the hot water for really soiled loads like the kids’ baseball uniforms, gardening clothes, dirty sheets. Wash everything else in cold.
- Protect the important part of a garment—the outside. So simplyturn the clothes inside out before you toss it in. It may not seem like much, but embellishments on the outside of a garment, even screen printing, can be worn away or snagged by the inside of the washer. Items with beading, embroidery, appliqués and other details should always be washed inside-out.
- Treat stains the right way, and right away.A spill or stain make clothes look old especially when not properly removed by your detergent. But stain doesn’t have to ruin a garment, especially the ones we love to wear!
My little… helpers? Hahaha!
Our household have been using Ariel for a long time and I recently discovered their new variant — the Ariel Instashine — claiming to not only preserve the quality of the clothes, but, surprisingly, it can make old clothes look new!
Of course, I wasn’t gonna bite on that until I’ve tried and seen it for myself. So I did put this new product of Ariel to the test!
This is actually the first time I’ve ever seen a detergent with beads like this! Ang galing kasi parang fabric conditioner yung bango niya and mabilis lang din naman siya matunaw.
#NEWArielInstashine has Power Booster beads that will dissolve without agitation after 10 mins in water. You may scrub using the beads or let it naturally dissolve. It’s a win on both hand wash and machine wash.
Best thing about it is mabula siya. Gustong-gusto ko kapag mabula ang sabon lalo na when I’m hand washing. You don’t need to add more powder all the time. Sobrang gentle lang din niya sa hands, hindi matapang kaya hindi mahapdi sa kamay pero ang galing mag linis ng damit!
Ariel Instashine is beads-in-powder. It contains the P&G – proprietary enzyme, Phosphodiesterase (PDE) as well as Power Booster beads, that remove the sticky layers on fabric surfaces left behind by other detergents and can make old looking clothes look NEW again.
So, did I find out if Ariel’s new product is true to its promise? Let my actual photos speak for the good news!
If you know me, you know I love wearing white. And I am so happy that my favorite simple-yet-can-be-worn-on-any-kind-of-day-and-breastfeeding-friendly white blouse is looking great and ready for battle again! #InstaBagoIn1Wash #ArielClosetRenewal
Available in Supermarkets nationwide because I know you wanna run out and get yours now!
So if you have been keeping your timeless pieces inside the closet because you don’t want them to wore out, you should try the new Ariel Instashine! I seriously have a lot of favorite clothes that I can’t keep using because they might get worn out, but this awesome new product of Ariel will let me wear them whenever I want!
This is something you should have at home. I recommend that you see it for yourself! Hope my simple tips and personal experience will help you on keeping your clothes last longer. If you could share more tips, I would love that! Please write them on the comments!
Click here for the official video coverage of the new Ariel Instashine’s laundry musical.
“Care for your clothes, like the good friends they are.” -Joan Crawford