What’s cool, blue, and available, too? Blueberries from the U.S.A, that’s what! Grab a
bag of frozen or canned U.S.A. blueberries as they’re available throughout the year in
Blueberries are delicious, beautiful, healthy, simple, and versatile. Whether you’re
cooking, snacking, or pursuing healthy habits, blueberries bring back the pleasure and ease
that help us to eat well and enjoy our food.
Frozen blueberries from the U.S. are frozen straight from the farm, with all the good
stuff locked in – nutrients, freshness, and flavor.
Fresh or frozen blueberries get placed in cans, with light or heavy syrup added, then
sealed and heated. They are shelf-stable if stored in a cool, dry place.
Frozen and canned blueberries are our kitchen staples. They’re a healthy
shortcut, whether you’re grabbing a quick snack, packing lunches, or cooking up a storm.
Blueberries are a great source of immunity boosting-vitamin C, plus vitamin K and
manganese for bone health, and finally, dietary fiber for improved digestion.Suppose you’re after a colorful diet, which means adding color to dishes through more fruits and vegetables, then blueberries make a fine addition. Toss them in with salads, or add them to your trail mix for snacks.
Blueberries make for a no-fat, low-sodium fruit break with only 80 calories in one cup.
Frozen and canned U.S.A. blueberries can be used in cocktails, drinks, salads, cakes, pies and baked goods, and yes, even in savory dishes. Try them in recipes for pork tenderloin, meatballs, chicken, pizzas, burgers, sauces, and sandwiches. They’re a highly
versatile and nutritious ingredient.
So with all those vitamins and nutrients, that lovely blue color and sweet taste, what’s not to love about them?
We made our very own Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread using Frozen USA Blueberries.
1/2 cup oil
250g granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup lemon juice
425g all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup lemon zest
1 Pack frozen USA Blueberries
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1 bar cream cheese
50g powdered sugar
2 egg whites (Mix all and whisk!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Mix oil and sugar
2. Add eggs and beat using an electric mixer until smooth, then add vanilla and lemon juice
3. Put the flour and combine all dry ingredients
4. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend with a spatula until well incorporated (don’t over mix!)
5. Fold the blueberry dredge in 1/4 cup flour and fold into the batter
1. Preheat oven to 160*C
2. Divide the batter into two equal parts, into the loaf pan pour 2/3 part of the first half batter and level it.
3. Then pour half of the cream cheese filling, you can spread it evenly or swirl it a little.
3. Again on top of the filling spread on top the 1/3 of the batter. 4. Sprinkle half of the prepared streusel on top.
5. Repeat the same with the second half of your batter.
6. Baked for 60 – 70 mins. or until done.
7. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 min. before inverting it on a rack.
8. Have it cool completely before serving.
The kids had so much fun helping with this recipe! And it was really good! Daddy Jaze couldn’t wait to try it. Special thanks to our Momcy Claudette for teaching us this recipe.
Bring that blue love home on your next grocery visit. For more information on U.S. blueberries, go to http://www.blueberrycouncil.org. Like and follow U.S.A. Blueberries-
Philippines on Facebook and Instagram for more blueberry fun, cooking tips, recipes, videos, and trivia.
Shared below is the list of U.S.A. Frozen and Canned BLUEBERRIES brands, their packaging, and their availabilities here in the PH market.
BRAND NAME: Farmer’s Best
All Day Supermarket
BRAND NAME: Essential Everyday
BRAND NAME: Earthbound
AVAILABILITY: Healthy Options
U.S.A. CANNED BLUEBERRIES
BRAND NAME: Duncan Hines
SM Super / Hypermarket
BRAND NAME: Michigan Made
(Pie Filling, Heavy Syrup)
Post is published in partnership with USHBC-Philippines.