Sunday is our kids’ favorite day! If you’re a parent, you probably know why. It’s the day we set aside work and spend quality time with our children. And one weekend, we cooked Filipino famous dish and one of our favorites as well – Adobong Manok!
It’s so easy to prepare and the ingredients are very simple! If you haven’t tried cooking this dish yet, now is your time to give it a try!
- Chicken, cut into serving pieces — 2 1/2 to 3 pound
- White vinegar — 3/4 cup
- Soy sauce — 1/4 cup
- Onion, thinly sliced — 1/2
- Garlic, crushed — 4 to 6 cloves
- Bay leaf — 1-2
- Pepper — 1 teaspoon
- Salt — 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar — 2 tablespoons
- Water — 1 cup
- Cooking Oil — 1/4 cup
- Heat the pan and add the cooking oil then saute the onion and garlic.
- Put chicken pieces, vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaf, pepper, salt, and sugar.
- Add the water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Add water as necessary to keep the chicken from drying out.
- Taste to adjust level of saltiness and sweetness. Then serve!
It’s that simple! My 3-year-old daughter even got to try cooking it with a little supervision and assistance from her granda who’s the queen of our kitchen.
Watch to see how she cooked our Adobong Manok!
What a fun weekend it was! Amaria enjoyed cooking the dish for the whole family and was even sad that there were no more ingredients to put in the pot and that her cooking finished so quickly!
If you haven’t tried cooking with your kids, you should give it a go! Cook with them the family’s favorite food. If you did, share with us which dish did you cook with them and how did it go. Cheers to a happy weekend for the whole family!
Ysha ikaw na talaga. Kumbaga ikaqxang all around kid. Bibo na magaling pa magluto. Mommy you’re so blessed to have beautiful kids. 💖💖😍😍😍
Aww. Thank you so much po for your sweet words. <3