Are you a fan of shrimp just like us? Here’s a new shrimp recipe you can try cooking with your kids! It is super easy to make and takes less than 20 mins!
My daughter Amaria is such a huge fan of shrimp! Would you believe she can have 6-10 pieces of Tempura when we eat at Japanese restaurants? She calls herself “the tempura girls” being guilty of having too many tempura to eat. 😀
So for Mother’s Day, since we’re still on Enhanced Community Quarantine (effing coronavirus!), what better way to celebrate a special day but to cook one of our favorite dishes together! Momcy, my mom’s signature Buttered Garlic Shrimp with Salted Egg!
Garlic and butter. When you combine these two in a glorious shrimp recipe, well, it’s nothing short of perfection. Plus we’re gonna add salted egg? Ugh! I tell you it tastes glorious!
Below are the ingredients you will need and the smile steps on cooking it!
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- half slice of Dari Creme buttermilk, divided
- 1 kg medium shrimp (you can peel if desired)
- 4 salted egg, minced or ground
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh onion springs
- half cup of water
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic and onions. Avoid getting the garlic too brown.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally until orange, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add minced salted egg and a little bit of water. Stir.
- Cover for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with onion springs, if desired.
You may watch our vlog to see the steps and how my daughter had fun cooking it with me and her grandma!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried cooking this too and share what else can make it taste even better! Happy cooking!