“Moms have the hardest, most important and demanding jobs out there.” And we all deserve to feel great about the way we look without spending a lot of time making it happen.
So here’s how to get your makeup on fast! Whether you’re getting ready for work or dropping the kids off at school, taking just 3-5 minutes to put on makeup helps you feel refreshed, polished and ready to seize the day.
PREP YOUR SKIN
Let’s start with a clean, moisturized face. Take care of your skin before going to bed. I know the long day full of unending tasks makes us really tired, but taking the time to do that at night will save us time in the morning.
Cover up the horror story on your face! Find a foundation that exactly matches your skin at the jaw line. Remember to apply a very light moisturizer that is not shiny so that you do not have to put foundation and powder all over your face and neck.
I heard there’s a primer, foundation, concealer and powder in one product which is real genius and if you know one please tell where can I get my hands on them!
PERK UP TIRED EYES
Simple tips on doing so:
- The one thing a mom can do to look more polished and brighten up and lift the eye area is to get eyebrows shaped and waxed and darken in remaining brows with a compact powder a shade or two darker than the natural brow.
- Use an under-eye concealer one to one and a half shades lighter than your overall skin tone, to brighten the under-eye area.
- To fake a refreshed look, apply soft white eye shadow to the inside corners of your eyes (not on the lid)
- Swipe a warm, medium brown powder along your upper lash line to give you a soft but defined day look.
- Finish off with a generous coat of lash-plumping mascara.
BRONZER AND BLUSH DOES MIRACLES!
Give your face a warm glow by using bronzer or blush. So many makeup artists rely on blush for perking up a pasty complexion. If you go the bronzing powder route, err on the light side (just one or two shades darker than your natural skin tone), and remember to lightly dust your neck, too. You don’t want a big line of demarcation that stops at your chin.
For a quick pop of color, look for multitasking products that can be used as both blush and lipstick. A Lip and Cheek Tint can be applied to cheeks, eyes and lips for a fresh, fast flush of color. They multitask, just like a mom!
Smooth on lip gloss or a light coat of lipstick to brighten up your entire face. I heard that applying lipstick with a lip brush rather than just swiping it on makes it last much longer. I am pale and without lipstick I look like I am gonna faint anytime! This tool is a must-have on my pouch!
Personally, I think there are only three beauty products a mom needs to look and feel put together each day:
- A face moisturizer with SPF to hydrate and protect the skin
- A lip balm/gloss or a lipstick to plump up and define the lips
- A mascara to open up the eyes and make them pop
- And a pressed powder to look fresh and cover oily spots on the face.
I can never leave the house without these! Really quick steps to make me look fresh and inexpensive too!
Checkout my Youtube video on how I do my quick & budget-friendly daily makeup 🙂
Using this quick makeup tips, moms can look and feel great without being slaves to the makeup counter. If you have everything you need, you can look great in a few easy steps in just 3-5 minutes! Being organized is key!
I researched about this and been doing it daily because I am currently a very busy mom who’s juggling a lot of things all at the same time but looking pretty and fresh despite all the tasks that need to be done is still a priority to me! 😀
How about you, mommy? What quick beauty tips can you share with busy moms? I’d love to know too!